Saturday, November 20, 2010

Me and the Social Network

I have a feeling I’ll be writing more than some of you are willing to stand. So let’s just hit the point on the head now. I’m deleting my facebook. I considered going quietly, but I want people who care (or those imaginary people in my mind who care), and myself, to know why.
     Here it is. I’ve become addicted to this website. I know saying that is absurd.  Sure there’s the “you can keep in touch with your friends” but that’s only a fraction of what it really is. It’s acceptance. It makes you think that all those people care. They don’t, few do.  You know whenever you start to think of status updates just to please people and get a “like” you have a problem.  The people who really want to hear what you have to say will find a way, and the people who don’t should have stopped at “I have a feeling…”  I also know that at the end of the day I always come here, to facebook. People talk to me who never do outside a cyber-context,thanks but no thanks. Now you have to say hello in person. That way I know you want to talk to me :)
       It fills time while I try to forget life.  What I should be doing is … living life. I need a break from trying to impress everyone and fill their expectations. I'm hoping to release some... stress? Yes. That thing that drives me crazy at the end of the day.
      Once again, I know this is silly. It’s completely idiotic. That’s exactly why I need to delete it.  I’ll leave this up for a few days… three to be exact.
    So asta la vista facebook, we may meet again, when I finally realize your unimportance.
    If you feel the need to contact me, my email will be sufficient, you can ask for my number, or I plan on keeping my blog up to date.
 With little passion,
Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment